Preseason wins are ultimately meaningless, but it still feels nice to say: Seahawks win!
Before I open up the inaugural R-rated postgame thread of the season, here's a few quick observations:
- Wide Receivers: Doug Baldwin was as good as advertised, Golden Tate looked much improved over last year, and Chris Carter & Pat Williams both made some nice catches.
- A couple of other guys who caught my eye were Leo DE Pierre Allen, DT Lazarius Livingston, and DBs Richard Sherman, Brandon Browner, Jesse Hoffman, and Jeron Johnson.
- In the QB competition, Charlie Whitehurst looked more comfortable to me than Tarvaris Jackson, and after a shaky start third-string rookie Josh Portis looked like pure, undiluted awesome.
- I counted three pass deflections by the d-line: one by Alan Branch, and two by Livingston (I think the second one was him, at least).
- Moffitt and Carpenter looked great in run blocking, which is what we expected to see from them, but they also looked shaky in their pass blocking (Moffitt especially), which unfortunately we also expected to see from them. Tom Cable is going to make some ears bleed when he next gets his guys in the meeting room.