This wrapup is based on the 8/3 evening camp I visited with my parents:
Quick comments on camp:
- [Mike] Teel has problems controlling his power/accuracy. He frequently overthrew receivers.
- Burleson looks extremely sharp, caught a lot of balls in traffic over the middle.
- Kerney is playing strong and giving Lock serious trouble.
- Hasselbeck looks quick and agile coming out of playaction, him and Seneca both bought time in the pocket, rolled out, and made surgical strikes despite good coverage.
- Brian Russell scores a negative for "leadership," all the DBs keep their distance from him on the sideline, and he has a blank look on his face like hes zoning out into the distance.
- JC [John Carlson] is super quick in catch and turn drills and can dig out passes from low or high around his body. Of the remaining tight ends, Newton looked the most fluid in pass catching drills and caught a lot of dump off passes during scrimmage. I was disappointed to see Cameron Morrah looking uncoordinated during pass catching drills in his pads.
Oh, and I got Lofa Tatupu, Darryl Tapp and Nate Burleson to sign my favorite hat. If you hang around after the scrimmage and you're lucky, a few players usually come over to sign for kids AND adults! I was standing on the far left side of the field where everyone moves to once the scrimmaging starts (that is to say, not on the berm which is in the center).