Sorry for the slow day yesterday, guys and gals. Had a little family emergency throw a wrench in my plans to blog hardcore. Anyway, here's what we missed:
- Peter McLoughlin (Mc-Lock-Lin) was introduced as the new Seahawks and Sounders President. We were among the first to report this on Wednesday, but now it's official and he's got a title. Check the 1-on-1 video posted to Seahawks.com for a little introduction of him.
- The Chargers' first round pick, RB Ryan Mathews, will not be on the field come Sunday. This is certainly not bad news for the Seahawks, though they have adequate depth behind him and it makes you wonder if this means they'll just rely even heavier on the arm of Phil Rivers. That scenario might not play well to our strengths...
- The Chargers are aware that Charlie Whitehurst knows what they do and how they gameplan better than most people in the league. They don't seem too concerned.
- Colin Cole is becoming a revelation this year after an average-at-best 2009.
- Golden Tate acknowledges that whether or not he is active is entirely up to him.
- Chester Pitts has practiced fully every day this week, a first since his surgery.