Plenty of things to cover, so lets hit them one by one:
- The offensive line looked surprisingly solid. They didn't look awesome, but they shouldn't be expected to without Spencer or Jones. No big mistakes and every time I picked one guy to watch, he looked pretty good.
- Overall, not a whole lot going on offensively though. I think this was largely because of our awful field position. Our first three possessions started out on the 11, 3 and 6. I don't believe we had any three-and-outs though, which is good. Still, once we got some decent field position, the offense came alive a bit. Unfortunately, that was all second-team stuff and we didn't get a great look at our first team offense. What we did see was average at best, but again, I think thats to be expected at this stage.
- Hasselbeck looked fine. He wasn't sharp by any stretch, but he didn't seem afraid of getting hit or finding his reads.
- Julius Jones had one nice run and three that went nowhere. He had 4 carries for 15 yards. Justin Forsett has had 3 carries for 15 yards thus far, including a 9 yarder, the long for the night on either team. Forsett continues to impress - he fell forward and added a yard on every carry so far tonight. Thats what you love to see.
- The Hawks have not really gone down field at all tonight, our longest completion is 12 yards to Burleson. Courtney Taylor has looked excellent with two difficult catches for two first downs. Butler also has two catches, and one that he was nearly beheaded on before dropping it.
- Aaron Curry has not been too involved, but I can't attest to whether he is playing well or not until I rewatch this game. He hasn't played poorly though, so that's good. Curry has two tackles thus far.
- The defensive line, especially the first unit, has looked quite good. I was most impressed by Colin Cole, who I did not expect a whole lot from him.
- Babineaux is doing all he can to push Russell for that starting job today. He has been playing quite well and it feels like he's in on almost every play, including some breakups.
Mike Teel is in now, lets see how it goes. Second half is ON!